- Study 1- grocery store shopping, jam options
- Study 2- students writing extra-credit essays
- Study 3- groups choosing chocolates
- Conclusion- groups with fewer choices felt more motivated to buy the product or complete the essay, with too many choices people either have regret or fear of regret so they don’t choose at all
- “Choice overload”
- “Tyranny of Choice”
- “Satisficing versus Optimizing”
Although we might think that having more choices is better for us, it actually has proven to be detrimental to our social satisfaction and motivation.